Welcome to Millennium Nursery,
Children start in our nursery from the age of 3. We offer a holistic approach to learning using the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework to support the children’s development across the seven areas of learning - Personal Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Communication and Language, Understanding the World, Expressive Arts and Design, Literacy and Maths.
As well as curriculum based learning, our open plan classrooms and large outdoor spaces allow the children to develop those vital skills of social communication within a calming, safe and secure environment. With experienced Early Years staff on hand to support the children's wellbeing and social skills, we ensure that all children are able to learn, thrive, explore and enjoy their introduction to the learning environment.
Aims and Expectations
During your child's time in Nursery we embed the following skills;
- The ability to listen to others and simple stories
- The confidence and ability to ask questions, retell events and simple stories
- Understanding of simple who, what, where, why and how questions
- Development of fine motor skills, including but not limited to: name writing and patterning.
- Development of gross motor skills, moving in different ways and negotiating space safely
- Improvement of self confidence, manage feelings and behaviour.
- Their ability to make good relationships with other children and familiar adults
- An introduction to Phonics. Phonics aids the development of reading and writing skills by focusing on the relationship between the sounds of the spoken language (phonemes) and the letters of the written language (graphemes).
- Development of number recognition, number writing and recognition of 2D shapes.
- Giving meaning to the marks they make.
- Using groups of letters or letter-like shapes when writing.
- Teamwork, practicality, curiosity and the development of problem-solving skills through Forest School sessions.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying to join Millennium Nursery, please visit Admissions.